The Investment Promotion Act and the Investment Promotion Regulations provide for the acquisition of property by foreigners under three different schemes which are governed by the Board of Investment (BOI). Developed with the foreign investor/buyer in mind, these schemes are rapidly turning Mauritius into a highly sought-after real estate investment destination whether for ownership or for buy-to-let schemes.
Property Development Scheme – PDS
- Development of luxurious residential units on freehold land of an extent of atleast 0.4220 hectare (1 arpent) with a minimum of 6 units
- High quality public spaces that helps promote social interaction and a sense of community
- High-class leisure, commercial amenities and facilities intended to enhance the residential units.
- Day-to-day management services to residents including security, maintenance,gardening, solid waste disposal and household services.
- Social contribution in terms of social amenities, community development and other facilities for the benefit of the community.
Invest Hotel Scheme (IHS)
The Invest Hotel Scheme (IHS) allows property developers to sell hotel rooms, villas, suites or any other part of a hotel to individual buyers, including foreign citizens, during and post construction phases.
A hotel project under this scheme can be developed on either freehold or leasehold land which must be of an extent of at least 1 hectare. On acquisition, the buyer secures ownership title to a specific unit or part of the hotel. The definition and management of the units and other parts of the hotel are set out in a “règlement de copropriété” which is governed by the provisions of the Mauritian Civil Code.
- SPS has all the expertise required to deliver turnkey residential projects, other than underPDS, whether on a stand-alone basis or integrated with commercial and/or leisure facilities.
- Residential and mixed-use properties can be developed to cater for any specific marketsegment, from low to middle and high-income groups.
- We advise promoters and land owners on the type, dimension and market positioning ofthe residential/commercial project best suited for the location concerned and take end-to-end responsibility for development and marketing.
Estate Agency Services (Buy/Rent)
As an extension to our property development activity, we provide estate agency services to our existing base of clients and new clients, helping with the sale or resale of plots of land and residential / commercial units.Our mission is to provide an outstanding level of service and expertise in the real estate market, focusing on and fulfilling all client requirements and establishing the agency as one of the preferred real estate company in Mauritius. As an agency, we now provide one-on-one specialized services, offering transactional help and support to buyers, sellers, and investors, be it local or international.